Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Quote from student essay

Here is a quote from a recent entry of JPEF's youth writing contest:
A significant factor in my appreciation and admiration of the young partisans came from an organized movie night for teens, where I saw the movie Defiance. I learned that even a minority has a chance of success, and that nothing can be declared impossible, without a real attempt.  When the lights came back on, I looked around me at all of the teenagers seated in the theater. I was struck by the realization that people like us had fought for what was right, in spite of the dangers and hardships. It was the commitment of the young partisans that ultimately contributed to the final victory. 
 The contest deadline is quickly approaching (May 10), but please feel free to pass along the information found at www.jewishpartisans.org/contest to educators and students.

No comments: